We provide a fun and unique camp experience in the heart of the boreal forest of the Avalon Peninsula. Campers explore, learn new skills, build confidence, learn about the local ecology, and experience sustainable living in action.
- Experience what it is like to live sustainably, with energy provided by wind turbines, food from the kitchen garden, and by composting and reducing waste.
- Have the opportunity to be challenged and learn new skills that will help them build self-confidence. An emphasis is on cooperative, team-building activities.
- Discover the beauty and wonder of Newfoundland and Labrador’s natural world, lead by knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff.
- Participate in classic camp activities such as swimming, campfires, music, storytelling, games and hiking; and try new activities such as orienteering, shelter-building and canoeing.
- Feel safe and happy with experienced leaders who are attentive to the needs of individual children and prioritize safety. As much as possible, we allow children to specialize in activities that most interest them, by giving them choices between ‘skill session’ activities on a daily basis.
- Have the opportunity to be creative and try a variety of arts and crafts activities, outdoors when possible. This includes painting, writing and collaging.
- Enjoy delicious, homemade food, including a variety of fruits and vegetables, local-organic when possible.
- Have time for free play; as well as short periods of quiet, reflective time.